Our server monitoring systems continually check a wide array of possibly services:
- Simple Ping
- Simple Socket connections (test if HTTP responds)
- Initial Response to open socket (does your SMTP server respond with a greeting)
- Check for specific string or format of response or if value returned is out of range.
- Full Transaction (does service respond correctly to specific requests)
- Full Data Cycle check (Checks for an email that is sent through one server, to make sure it shows up in a mailbox on same or different server)
We also provide long term trend information with the complete network graphing solution: cacti.
- Network Traffic counts
- Disk space available/used
- CPU usage/Load Averages
- Queue Size (mail server queue counts)
- Server Socket connections (number of SMTP/POP/HTTP connections)
- Mail Server Transactions (number of attempted/blocked/accepted messages)
- Application level monitoring (number of transactions submitted/completed)
If you would like to have MacServe.net monitor your systems or even set up/manage equivalent systems for your network, Contact Us for more info.